Richard, Becky, Sarah, Rachel, & Emma

Thursday, March 26, 2009

St. Patrick's Day and Spring Break!

I love St. Patrick's Day! I love the color green and I love dying things green! So we do it every year! The girls often ask for green eggs and ham on non-St. Patrick's Days!
This is what St. Patrick's Day at the Ruff house in the Midwest looks like...

Green milk in our cheerios!

Green fingernail polish to safe guard against pinching!

Green frosting on orange rolls! Think about that one tonight!

The girls had Spring Break this week and we were ready to have some fun. Days have been spent reading and coloring and cooking and playing games and hanging out with friends and swimming! What a good week! This is Miss Rachel after day one of Spring Break! She loves her King Fu Panda!

Sarah and Rachel had swim lessons at the Y Monday-Thursday and they had a blast!!!! For a funny story about that, check out my Curly Hair blog!


Here are a couple of movies (I hope) of them at lessons! I was kind of far away, but oh well!

Rachel swimming with her teacher!

Sarah practicing her strokes! She is the second from the left in the purple swimsuit!

9 comments:

News from the Nest said...

You are such a fun mom! i am totally doing the green fingernail polish next year!

Amy Craig said...

It was so fun to talk to you the other day. Thanks for letting me vent about my lack of friends here. We are looking forward to seeing you guys. By the way, that girl from KY on ANTM was retarded! What was up with that???

Heather said...

I'm glad you love St. Patrick's Day, too! It's one of my faves.

Ashley Dawn said...

What a fun St Patty's Day....and spring break. I love the green nail polish etc. You guys always have so much fun...

Angela Whiting said...

Yay for green milk. We took Ammon to the doctor on spring break and got his kindergarten shots. I have been pretty lame about holidays lately.

Sachiko said...

I love the green frosting on the orange rolls. You are such a fun and great mom.

moecleo said...

My grsndma used to have green milk and psncskes for my mom when she was a kid. When i was little I would put my shoes outside my bedroom door and the "lepracuans" would leave candy in them.

Goodkids said...

You are such a fun mommy! All of the green on St. Patrick's day is awesome; what wonderful memories you are giving your children. I truly hope that Richard is enjoying his classes (as much as he can "enjoy" them!) and that you are surviving as well. It will be difficult, but oh so worth it in the end. Know that you are in our thoughts all of the time. Miss you! It's still weird to not have you here.

Melissa, Ethan, and Julianne said...

So much fun. I saw a website for some crazy foods for April Fools Day yesterday--like shephards pie that looks like a strawberry dessert pit--it would definitely throw you off if you ate that one.

The girls are so big--I'm thinking about Easter this weekend and missing your family--we love you and will be thinking about you!!