Richard, Becky, Sarah, Rachel, & Emma

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

America's Newest Citizen!!!

Today was an amazing day for my family. My sister-in-law, Luvir, became a citizen of the United States of America. She is from Venezuela and is so grateful to be here in this amazing country.
This is my brother Brian and his family. Kameron, Kevin, Kat (in the back), Luvir, Brian and Kim (Kat's twin) (left to right).
I love Luvir!!! We have been such good friends ever since she came up here to visit the first time. She is an amzing woman who is full of faith, light and happiness!!! She is a great example of Christlike love and patience. She has taught me so much in the 10 years I have known her!! When she first moved here and was still working on her English, I had the opportunity to translate for her many times. One of my most memorable times was the first time I ever translated a testimony in church! The Spirit was so amazing and strong, even with my weak translations!!! (0:
One of the things that Luvir mentioned is how much she loves this country. She is grateful for her life in Venezuela and loves the people there but has also seen first hand how her old country is falling apart. She always tells me what an amazing country we live in!!!
Over and over today at the Citizenship Ceremony I heard people from around the world (Iran, Guatemala, Canada, China, Liberia, Venezuela and even more) say, "God Bless America!".
We have an awesome country and our job is to be good citizens. Get out and vote! Let your voice be heard because most people around the world don't have that blessing in their lives!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Yay! That is really awesome! Congratulations!

Angela Whiting said...

That is so cool that you were able to be there for that. I can't even imagine what a powerful experience that would be. Those of us who have never experienced another country tend to forget how good we really have it.

Unknown said...

BECKY...ok...i seriously just love you! You make everyone feel like they're your best friend! You're just amazing! What a beautiful thing for Luvir and her family...she seems like an amazing person...and definately deserving!

LOve ya,

Michelle

PS
Next get together I'm wearing Neon PINK how bout it? :)

Ashley Dawn said...

Wow, it's truly an awesome country. Congratulations to her... I miss the good ol' US. I need to get back and get my red, white and blue fix!!