Richard, Becky, Sarah, Rachel, & Emma

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Surprise cast removal, black shirts and some curry...

It sure has been an eventful week for us. Tuesday rolled around and I got a phone call from Richard who had been talking to his brother who is working with an orthopedic doctor. They were worried that Emma's foot had been casted wrong, making her achilles tendon weaker. So I thought, "Great!". He also said that Emma didn't need to have her cast on for the whole 5 weeks. By 4 weeks, she should be great. I was more worried about the foot position and that her cast was shredding and started cutting up her foot, so I went in to talk to the PA at my pediatricians office. He said her foot position was fine because she was 2 yrs old (with I guess the ortho dr said later, too). He agreed that by 4 weeks she should be ready for the cast to come off and the cast was causing some problems with rubbing and scratching. So we decided to cut it off and xray it. If we needed to, it would be recast for another week, which meant a fresh cast that didn't hurt. The x-ray looked awesome so they just sent us home. Emma is doing great. She still walks a little strange because her muscles are used to being straight all the time and she is a little nervous to walk on it. But she is walking around the house. I am kind of nervous so I keep a close eye on her. What an adventure that day was!
And last night I went out to dinner with some girlfriends (Michelle, Heather and Lori) to the Thai Village in American Fork. We had a few cancellations (feel better Elisa and we missed you, Deb). I was wearing a new shirt which was black and when I saw Lori and Heather, they had black shirts on, too. I started to laugh and wondered out loud what color Michelle would be wearing. A few minutes later she showed up... in a black shirt!!! It was just a funny thing that happens! We had a great time chatting and laughing listening and eating curry. It is great to get together and just be chicks every once in a while!!! Thanks girls!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Ya! I remember when I got my cast off it was hard to walk and very scary!! Hope Emma is doing good! Thanks for adding me to the blog I am excited to keep reading it! Hope to see you guys soon before you move! :(
Love Ya Tons!!
Jessica

Ashley Dawn said...

Awwww, I want to come. I'll even wear a black shirt. Sniff. I LOVE Thai food....of course, since Jarett served his mission in Thailand, I have a little bit of a bias there. I'm glad you guys are getting out and having fun. It's so important. Congrats on the cast being off. I bet she's relieved.