Being on the Mississippi River is so strange to me! I know it's just something that people are used to because it's always there. It's like the mountains in Utah. Just part of the landscape!
When we went to the zoo a couple of weeks ago, it was the first time I ventured over one of the bridges without Richard. So I am getting there!!!
This last weekend we went over to a great restaurant with a school buddy of Richard and then we went down on the riverwalk on the Illinois side. I think the girls liked it, they ran around and watched the boats and ducks and geese! It was a nice evening!

So, since we are working hard to be careful with our money... I am always on the lookout for free awesome stuff to do with the family! The Art Museum here is the fine art museum and it was FREE on Saturday. So we went as a family!
We saw Picassos, Chagals, Frank Lloyd Wright furniture, and all sorts of local artists and Mexican artists and art from the local elementary schools. It was so fun to talk to the girls about art and sculpture and all of the things that I love so much.
We saw Picassos, Chagals, Frank Lloyd Wright furniture, and all sorts of local artists and Mexican artists and art from the local elementary schools. It was so fun to talk to the girls about art and sculpture and all of the things that I love so much.They also had some interactive kids stuff. The girls made clay sculptures and colored designs with markers. Rachel and I learned all about Ghana and the Kinte cloth that my little brother Jeff tells us about on his mission there. So much fun! Funny that in the corn belt of America, a fine arts museum did special crafts from Ghana, Africa!
Mom and Rachel making a Kinte cloth book mark!
Emma and her clay rocket ship, made by Daddy!
Richard was great with the clay and made everyone rubber duckies! It was a blast!!! There was also some great music so listen to and the girls ROCKED out! Rachel in the pink shirt and sun glasses and Sarah in the t-shirt rocking out to the Johnny Cash songs!
It was so fun to spend the day as a family!
6 comments:
Your girls have got some rhythm! That looks like a super fun day. Good job to go out as a family. (We kindof suck at that.)
What a fun museum day. I'm glad you ventured out. The girls are looking so grown up. I love being able to see pictures on these blogs and keep up with what's going on in your life. I miss you!
Ok, that Rachel dance is nothing like I've ever seen. It made me laugh really hard. The hand clap and all!!!
How cool that you got to go to an art museum! One of my FAVORITE things. We are so hoping to see you guys next month!!! It would be really great to get together :)
Wow, that is so awesome! Fine Art museum!? I want to go there! You are such a good mom, I need to be more like you in so many ways.
Hillarious!! Love the guitar and piano moves from Sarah and the sweet shades from Rachel!
Post a Comment