Richard, Becky, Sarah, Rachel, & Emma

Sunday, May 10, 2009

May and Mother's Day!

There is just something about May! Maybe that it is Spring finally, or that the flowers are so nice, or that the humidity is coming. Or maybe because I can see the end of school coming. I really love May!
May at our house means:
Dandelions! They have a hallowed place in our hearts. We talk all about people that say they are weeds, but they are still beautiful! So each day, I get a new bouquet from the girls!
For Family Home Evening this week we headed over to the Family Museum, which was, conveniently, FREE!!!!
The girls and Bob the Builder!
Sarah and Rachel honing their drafting skills on the light tables!
Who knew? Sarah loves to rock climb! And in a skirt, no less!

Today is Mother's Day and it's been a great day! Richard got me some beautiful roses and a new dress! I love it and I love being a mom!
I got to talk to my little brother on his mission in Ghana Africa and learn about horrible toilet paper, beautiful sunsets on the beach, and the amazing missionary work!
I have an awesome Mom and Mother-in-Law and family and friends! So many wonderful and beautiful examples! Thank you!
We are getting ready for the girls to finish up their school in about a month. And we are looking forward to visiting some close friends in Kentucky over Memorial Day weekend! We are so excited to see the South and visit some awesome friends!
Richard has about 6 weeks left in his first Trimester (yeah, I can't believe we are surviving!). He is doing great. He just scored a 97% on his Gross Anatomy test this last week. I have to sing his praises!
I am just doing my thang and getting ready for a great (read:humid, hot, silly, fun) summer! It will be a great adventure!
Happy May!
PS Head over to my other blog for a list of things I learned from my mom!!!

6 comments:

Angela Whiting said...

Manessa is Quite jealous that your girls got to meet Bob! I have been trying to convince them to pick me all of the dandelions (to prevent them from going to seed). They do love to curl the stems though.

Amy Craig said...

Can't wait to see you guys! Did you watch ANTM? I think Allison got robbed. Also bummed about American Idol. Yesterday just wasn't a good day for reality TV!

Sachiko said...

I am so glad that you had a wonderful Mother's day! I love being the mom too, eventhough it is hard for me sometimes. I learn so much and I am growing(mentally) with the kids.
You are such a great example. I miss you!

Jen said...

Happy Mothers Day! Glad that it was wonderful, you deserve a break!

Ashley Dawn said...

Does Richard's school really divide into Trimesters instead of semesters? or was that a mother's brain kicking in?? I'm glad you had such a great mother's day. I get dandelions daily too. What a great little weed!

Heather said...

Go Richard! That's a great gift right there--your husband excelling at what he does. Hooray!