This is going to be one of those funny posts that I can just laugh at. I have been working out and working on losing weight for almost 5 months and I have lost over 35lbs. Still more to go, but it's great to be making progress. I think I am probably lighter than I have been in 4 or 5 years. So yeay!!!
Ok, now the funny story. We have this scale that has been around a while and I get on it at least 3 or 4 times a week. Well, this morning, I thought, "Let's see how we are doing this week". So I step onto the scale (not super hard or anything) and there is a CRACK sound. I just thought to myself, "Great, I broke the scale. I am so fat, I broke the scale!!!! Why, now, is this happening? I am thinner than I was 5 months ago. Why didn't the scale break 5 months ago?".
It was just one of those things that you don't want to have happen to you while you are trying to lose weight and get into shape!!! No one wants to step onto the scale and hear it break!! (0:
Well, one of the brackets broke off because it was so old. But man, what a crappy way to start the day, huh????
Don't worry. Things are great and I just laughed!!! So now I get to buy a new scale and keep working out!!!
Moral of the story: You never know when your scale may break, so use it while you can!!! (0:
6 comments:
That is so something that would happen to me!!! I am so proud of you for losing so much weight! I am still trying to lose the baby weight and man is it hard. Good luck to both of us right!
Good for you for laughing! That's the best way to deal with most things! Love the t-ball pictures! Sounds like you've got a professional ball player on your hands.
I also have to say good job on losing weight! I have been trying for awhile....but that is another story. I broke an IKEA chair... it was really crappy pine (or maybe something even cheaper)and like $20 or something, but yep, sat on it and it broke.
Well, if you need someone to test the new one, I will be right over! The weight loss thing is a battle for me to, but hey, sometimes more is better!!
HEY!!! I'm so glad that I found you. How have you been doing? I hear you moved from Springville. Where are you guys these days? That story was awesome. Exactly what I needed to see!! Hope all is well.
Becky, thanks for the update on the scale- Such a classic one. Congratulations for the weight loss that is great. Let me know if you have any tricks up your sleeve. We miss seeing you guys at the park! Take Care Jen and boys
Post a Comment