
As I was sitting at dinner last night with some girl friends (Bombay House, so fun!), I was thinking a lot about my life and the things that I have seen. In my life I have seen amazing miracles and great tragedies. Those things are great influences in my life, today.
Today is the 7th anniversary of the attack on the the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and the plane that went down in Shanksville, PA. That morning, Richard woke me up and we sat and watched the news together and cried. It was one of the days that changed me forever. I have always loved our country and been grateful for our freedom, but on Sept. 11th, 2001, I changed and my love for our contry burned me deep inside.
It has been long enough that I know people are starting to forget about a lot of things. People get caught up in their feelings about the Iraq war and forget that tragic day. But I wanted to help remind myself of that day:
Things I will never look at the same way...
-steel beams
-airplanes
-an American flag
-a firefighter
Phrases that will always mean something to me...
-"Let's Roll!"
-"Ground Zero"
-steel beams
-airplanes
-an American flag
-a firefighter
Phrases that will always mean something to me...
-"Let's Roll!"
-"Ground Zero"
7 things that I learned 7 years ago today...
1-There are bad people in this world,
2-BUT there are MORE good people in this world
3-People around the world do love and care for us
4-I can help people even if I live far away
5-The United States of America is a beautiful, amazing place and I am so blessed to live here!!!
6-It doesn't matter what race, religion, gender, or political party, we all want America to be strong!
7-Heroes are everyday people!!!
I think some people don't want to think about Sept. 11th, 2001 because it makes them so sad. I understand that. I guess I have just chosen to look at that day as a day of change in my life. Now I look up and push forward for our country. 9/11 is part of who I am.
**I will never forget!**
2 comments:
Becky...thank you! Reading your post just enveloped my whole soul with love...anger and appreciation. We ARE so blessed to live here..and we ARE forgetting.
You are amazing...I couldn't have said it any more perfectly...that day forever changed my life as well...thank you for your words of patriotism. We all need to be reminded. Love you...Miche
AMEN!!! I miss you!
Post a Comment