Richard, Becky, Sarah, Rachel, & Emma

Sunday, February 8, 2009

February in the Midwest means....


Sarah's cute new shoes!
The weather has had us trapped a little bit in the house, so this week has been just a "hanging out" week for us!
First, I found out that I was going to miss my "Girls Weekend" in Las Vegas with some girl friends. I have really been hoping to go, but I need to be here so that Richard can do his school stuff and for some family visits (more on this later). I am really sad, I miss those chicks from Springville! And Las Vegas is a blast! I love you, girls! Have so much fun!
On Thursday, Sarah went on her first field trip to a local Environmental Center, where she learned about animals and went Snowshoeing. A friend accidentally bumped her in the mouth with their snowshoe, but she was ok. She actually had a really fun time! She keeps talking about the bear furs and the skunk furs.
Rachel had a few days off school and she missed it so much. I met with her teacher who let me know that she is doing awesome in school and is very ready for Kindergarten. She really loves art and painting and memorizes really well. It is fun to hear about her at school and to hear that she sings all the time at school, too.
Emma spent Tuesday a little sick. She threw up most of the day and then was fine by Wednesday. The rest of the week she has been running around the house like nothing else went on! She is so full on energy right now!
We had the Elders over for dinner on Friday night and had a great dinner of lasagne (we used Richard's mom's recipe only we tweaked it to be more healthy). It is great to spend time with missionaries. Richard went with them on an appointment after dinner.
In a few weeks Richard's sister Michelle will be coming home from her mission. And we are so excited that she and the Grandma and Grandpa will be spending some time with us! It is going to be so fun to see them all! We love them so much and miss them!
Also, this week I got a call from my little sis, Katie and she asked if they could come out to visit in about a week and a half! It was a big pick-me-up, because I wasn't going to Vegas! I love ya tons, sis!
It will be fun to show people around where we live and what we are up to!
What have I been up to? Mostly just working out and doing house stuff, getting ready for Richard to be super busy! I have been working on my cooking and all that, too! What else? This...

...dark brown hair and red lips!

Check out the other blog for those thoughts!

3 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

You're looking awesome. It would be so much fun to do a weekend in Vegas, but it'll be awesome to see family too. It's too bad we can't do EVERYTHING we want, isn't it? Well, it's always fun to read your blog! Keep the posts coming!

moecleo said...

Becky

You look amazing, the next Vogue cover modle.

Heather said...

You are an inspiration to me. I need to get off my duff. I am so impressed you are looking so great.