Years later, Amy and I are still friends (I was the crying one).
This last weekend we spent down in Kentucky visiting their family and it was fabulous!!! Richard really needed a break and we have been meaning to go see them since they moved a year ago and we moved to the Midwest 7 months ago!
Richard took a test (which he aced) Friday morning at 7:30am (after a late study night) and then we took off for the 8 hour drive.
The weekend was spent shopping and talking and laughing and BBQing and visiting! We went to Nashville on Saturday and the girls each picked a Build-a-Bear.
Little Emma and her cute bear in a pink skirt!
We went up to Owensboro to check out Nate's old stomping grounds. We saw his high school and old homes and we got to hang out with his wonderful parents!!! We sure love them! Then we all went to "Moonlight Bar-B-Q" and stuffed ourselves and loved every second of it! Real macaroni and cheese, amazing pork and ribs, mutton and so many kinds of pies, cobblers and ice cream!!! Totally amazing cuilinary experience!!!
We were lucky to go to church on Sunday and the Bishop Craig in action (great job!) and listen to Amy teach the Gospel Essential class. After church we headed up to Nate's office and got the grand tour! Look at him, all grown up and almost owning his own Law Practice! Not that we are surprised!!!
Silly kids at our photo shoot!!! front: Rachel Ruff (age 5), Emma Ruff (age almost 3), Hailey Craig (age about 2 1/2), Alison Craig (ago about 5), Back Row: Sarah Ruff (age 6) and Rachel Craig (age 7)
We had to finally say good-bye! It was so fun and sad at the same time! We sure love you guys and miss you already!!! Good friends will always be good friends!
Mikey D's Happy Meal masks Rach and Sarah made on the way home
Becky and Amy!
Thanks girl, for your hospitality!
It was a fabulous weekend and I can't wait until we can do it again!
Totally worth the 8 hr drive!!!






4 comments:
I so, so glad that you got to get together this weekend. What an awesome group shot where you are ALL in the picture. I love it. I miss you ALL.
Just for the record I did NOT call you a weird lady! I might have said slightly emotional, but not weird :)
We are so glad that you guys came down. SOOOOOO much fun! Can't wait to see you again! I think you should just move here after grad school :)
Heather, if you read this, we miss you too!!!
I am SO jealous! I wish I could have been there too! Glad you guys had a great time! Can't wait to see you both again.
Well, if you ever feel like making a slightly longer drive - okay a LOT longer, we're always up for having company (I'd recommend one of the summer months). We'd sure love to see you guys again. So many people have spread out from our precious Kelvin Grove.
Post a Comment