Richard, Becky, Sarah, Rachel, & Emma

Friday, June 20, 2008

Family adventures!

Contrary to the last 4 or 5 posts, this blog is not dedicated to our youngest child, Emma. It just has been that way for the past week.
Really, life has gone on for us, in the midst of all the insanity of a two year old with a broken leg. Richard took his last two finals at UVSC on Wednesday and we are so proud of him. He just had this pre-req to do for graduate school and he worked and studied through it and did great!!! He is looking forward to working 8-5 Monday through Friday again. He has never had a normal work schedule because he was always at school! So now he gets to be home for dinner more, hang out with the family a little more, and we are going to try to get to the temple more. I just always had to remember that there are different seasons in our lives. We know that once we get to Iowa, we will go back to seeing him a lot less, but we are grateful for this time to spend together before the schedule starts up again.
Other things going on with us... I started my belly dancing classes on Thursday night and I love them! I missed them a lot during the year I took off. So on Thursday night, Richard and I are starting to do individual time with Sarah and Rachel. One comes to class with me and the other stays home with Richard and plays games or watches a movie or Spongebob Squarepants. At this time, little Emma is in bed. I think they have fun with me, but I think they would rather be home with dad. It is great to focus on one child at a time. I know that they don't get enough attention most of the time, but we are working on that.
Dancing has been so fun with the girls. Sarah and I got home last night and Rachel asked, "Can we do the cha-cha? I love the cha-cha!". Huh??? Where did that come from? We all laughed and danced around!! I believe that all kids could use some dance experience. I think that it makes us feel better about moving in our own skin. Even if I had boys, they would probably do a movement class or two when they were little. My girls love to move and dance around!!!!!!
We took a bike ride this morning as a family before Richard left for work. Sarah is still learning to ride without training wheels, so we put all three of the girls in the bike trailer (probably over 100 lbs) and Richard hauled them all around Highland with me. It was so fun!! I need a bike tune-up, but, man, it was so great to get out on my bike. For those of you who have never seen my bike, I will have to post a picture! It is bubble gum pink with a basket and a bell. It is one of those more old style bikes with the wide handle bars and big seat. I love it!!! We bought it when we lived in Springville and I would ride it over the neighbors instead of walking. I love riding bikes and we got a great work out!!! No elliptical today for me! Yeay! Variety is great for working out!!!
Well, that is what's up with our family. We are looking at the fall move with apprehension, nervousness, and a lot of excitement! Don't worry, the city we are moving to in Iowa is not totally flooded out. The city rises like 200 feet above the Mississippi pretty quickly. And we are planning on living plenty far from the river!! Thanks for all your well wishes about Emma. She is doing great! A little fussy when she is tired of dragging around the house, but she is getting faster at walking! We are looking forward to a fun last summer in Utah!

5 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

WHAT?!? You're moving to Iowa? So sad, now when I finally get down to Utah you won't even be there....sigh. People don't stay still long enough. I guess I'll just have to wait for you to come and visit me in Canada - like that will happen, right?
I totally forgot about your bike. I'm glad you reminded me, it always made me smile. Hope things are going well and you enjoy your time left in Utah. We sure miss it.

Ashley Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley Dawn said...

I need your email address before I can email you. Of course, I could call you too, but once again, I'd need your phone number....sigh. My email is acahoon@gmail.com. I'm good at replying (for the most part).

Anonymous said...

WHAT?? Your leaving this fall! I still remember babysitting the girls in Springville. When one time Sarah was like "Jessica, did you know we live in Iowa?" I was like "Sarah we live in Utah." I will always remember that. Its so sad that you guys are moving away so soon. :( It makes me wanna cry. I love all the fun times I had babysitting the girls! Well I hope to see you sometime this summer. We should go do something sometime. Swimming or something. Well my number is still the same, so keep in touch with phone and email. farmgirl225@hotmail.com I am sure gonna miss you guys. Have a blast with your last summer in Utah.
Love Ya Tons
-Jessica Evans

Angela Whiting said...

You guys are so loved. We will miss you, but I guess that is what life is about eh?
It was so good to see you yesterday, we need to play as much as we can while you are here.
Love ya!