Well, the first week of our summer is over. It has been an exciting week for us! On Monday we went to the Hogle Zoo with a bunch of friends and it was so much fun!!! Tuesday was Emma's 2nd birthday and we played all day and had cake that night with Grandma and Grandpa Ruff. It was a fun day to turn 2. We were really busy the rest of the week sorting through and cleaning out the house. I usually do a Spring Cleaning, but I really get the bug when summer starts. We sorted through everyones clothes and made sure we were ready for summer, sorted through toys and took a trip to DI with them. I super organized the office area and our 72 hr kits and all that fun stuff. One of that hardest things about living here is we are a little cramped on space, so I have to be a little creative where I store things. So I kind of overhauled that system again.
Yesterday we went to help my Aunt Janice do a little work at her house (well, Richard did the work). He is a great help around the house! Then we took the girls to the 12:25pm showing of "Kung Foo Panda". Is was so fun to go out as a family and the girls just laughed and laughed. Everytime Po the Panda came on the screen, Emma would say, loudly, "PANDA". She had a great time, too.
Today Richard and I spoke in church. My sister Katie and her husband came to wrestle the girls for us so that we could speak (Richard's parents are out of town). And wrestle they did. Really, it was just Emma. So a normal Sunday for us. Back to our talks. We were both grateful and nervous to speak. We haven't spoken in church in probably 4 or 5 years, so it had been a while. We didn't ever speak in Springville, not sure why. We spoke on Strengthening the Faith in our Families. After my first jittery few sentences, my talk went really smoothly. I kind of compared my wieght loss plan to a plan that Elder Ballard gave. I think it went well. And then Richard spoke and he talked about some stories in the Bible and the Book of Mormon and how we can nourish our faith like we nourish plants (like he is studying in Biology right now). All in all it was a great experience and Richard said that we need to get ready to speak more when we move to Iowa! Oh boy!!!
Well, that is what is up with our little family. We are looking forward to our last summer in Utah for a long time. Dry Heat! Oh we will miss it!!! (0: The plans for the summer... The top of Timp, the Y and the Highland Days 5k, here we come!!! And lots and lots of swimming in Grandma and Grandpa's pool!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment