
Then the girls opened 3 simple gifts. Each one got an Usborn book that they love, a new dolly to sleep with and ther fabulous Spongebob pijamas!!! They loved them so much!!!
For Christmas Rachel REALLY wanted a dinosaur and her Grandma Patty gave her one that walks around and ROARS! She loves it and it makes us laugh! She even made it roar over the phone to her Uncle Jeff, who is on his mission in Ghana, Africa!
Santa gave each of the girls a super hero, flying monkey. They have masks and capes and slingshot around the room and scream! They were a definite hit at our house!!!
And sweet Sarah is showing off her new necklace from Grandma Patty. It has a tiny CTR ring on it! She wears it all the time and loves to tell everyone what it means! Her cousin Quynhie has one just like it!
We also got a karaoke machine from both sets of grandparents and it is a total hit!!!! Today we even sang Christmas songs (with one little "I'm too sexy" in the middle)!And there is my sewing machine!!! Thanks, Richard! I did a little sewing while I was growing up and I am excited to do more now! I am starting small, fixing holes and stuff like that. And for Rachel's birthday I am going to make her an apron! Wish me luck with that! (0:
Richard got a few things like... an Indoor/Outdoor weather station, Wii-remote charger, and a Nerf ball gun that he chases the girls around the house with (good pick, Becky)!
So, Christmas was a little different. We missed our families and friends, but enjoyed doing things just as a little family. We thought a lot about the ones we love and miss!
We spent Christmas Eve dinner with some great friends eating authentic Italian lasagna! And Christmas Day we had dinner and played the Wii with some more friends in the ward. We have made some great friends and we are so grateful to share this season with them, too!
Yesterday we went down to Nauvoo and did some temple work. We are so blessed to live so close to the temple! And we fed the missionaries last night, which was a blast! They hadn't had Stir-fry on their missions and they loved it! We also had some Chocolate cake to celebrate "Graduating Christmas" (according to Sarah).
Church was cancelled again this week. Unlike last week (7 degrees below zero and super windy), it pured down rain all day yesterday and most of the snow melted and then everything froze overnight! So it was way too icy and scary to get over to the church. What a wacky couple weeks for weather!
Great week for us! I can't wait to hear how all your holidays were! Hope there will be some fun in store for us on New Years Eve!!
6 comments:
How fun! My mom got the boys flying monkeys too! That is too funny! Ours might accidently take a flight into the trash if they don't get used a little less soon!
I've seen those monkeys too, they are so cute! I'm glad that you had a good Christmas!
My girls are LOVING the picture of the spongebob pj's. So cute! I can't believe how long Emma's hair is! What big girls!! I'm so glad that you had a great Christmas!
I'm glad we got to hang out with you guys for Christmas. It was fun and makes being away from family just a little bit easier. Glad you guys are in Iowa!
I'm playing a little catch-up with you. Sounds like your last couple of weeks were great. Congrats on eight years! I'm glad you're making friends so quickly (was there any doubt?!) and that Christmas was good for you. Kind of fun to be your own little family for Christmas.
I am so glad that you had a wonderful Christmas. Oh, Becky, you will love sewing! Have fun with your sewing machine and let me know about your projects!!
Post a Comment