Here in Highland, UT (where Richard's family is from), they have a city celebration called "The Highland Fling", the first Saturday in August. They have a parade, the 5k and kids run, Scottish games, community breakfast, concerts, booths of food and jewelry, and lots of other stuff. It has always been a big tradition for Richard's family and now I can see how awesome it is! Being together as a community is amazing!
Every year we sit in front of Richard's grandfather's house (awesome old farmer) and watch the parade go by. Grandpa Day, Laverle, Sarah (almost 6yrs old) and Rachel (4 yrs old).
People in the parade always throw tons of candy. And this year was no exception. The girls had so much candy it was like Halloween, only the doors came the them!!!When I was in high school, I marched by in the American Fork High School marching band as a trombone and then as a drum major. Now my girls dance along to the music of the parade.
(Only 1/4 of the band is in the video, it's HUGE!!)
Highland is an awesome place to live! What a great weekend!!

3 comments:
YOU ARE AMAZING! Seriously...who runs 5K's...YOU! You are totally my hero! Thank you for sharing your insights and life with all of us! Highland days looks like a ton of fun! Almost as good as Strawberry days in Pleasant Grove...eh Richard! Just kidding...I'm sure Highland is almost as good as PG! :)
Michelle
Yay for dancing girls! That takes me back to the Fourth of July celebrations at home. Except that we didn't have a cool marching band or anything like that. I guess I will never be quite as cool as all of you guys ;o)
Angela
Awww, I just went to something like that up here in Canada (yes, we can go outside and have fun sometimes....haha). It's called Magrath days and it was super fun. I'm glad they have that everywhere!!
Post a Comment