Richard, Becky, Sarah, Rachel, & Emma

Monday, August 18, 2008

Long Live Shakespeare!!!

This last weekend we went down to the Shakespearean Festival in Cedar City, UT along with one of my sisters, Katie and her husband John. This is a picture of us in front of the theater in the round. It is a replica to the Globe Theater in England. So amazing!!!
We haven't gotten away for a while and Richard's parents were great and watched the girls for us.
My favorite Shakespearean play is "The Taming of the Shrew" and I have this funny goal to see it whenever and wherever it is playing. I went down to this festival 14 or 15 years ago and saw it then and went with one of my sisters 10 years ago and saw it then, too. Needless to say, the play was amazing! This time it was set in the last few days of WWII in Italy. Petruchio was an American soldier and Kate was a fiery Sicilian! It was GREAT!!! We also saw "School for Wives" by Moliere (it was borderline boring/not that funny, but it ended better than it began). We were planning on leaving Saturday after lunch but then some people at our bed and breakfast had some extra tickets for "The Fiddler on the Roof" and we went. It was so great!

Here is the bed and breakfast that we stayed in. It was surrounded by amazing gardens, which I loved to walk through. We had a private entrance in the back so we stayed out late and just hung out! We were so blessed to be able to get away. Thanks again to Richard's parents for watching the girls! What a fun and fabulous time!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Taming of the shrew is one of my faves too! Maybe because I relate to it...?

Ashley Dawn said...

That's awesome. I LOVE Shakespeare!! Sounds like a great retreat!!

Amy Craig said...

Why didn't you tell me that you guys went down?? It is one of my favorite things! I am glad that yo had a good time!

Angela Whiting said...

I am so jealous! You guys always do the coolest things.