So, I have been watching too much CNN, Glen Beck and Fox News the past week. I dreamed about the election last night!!! AAAAHHH!
But seriously, it was great to hear such an eloquent man like Sen. Barack Obama speak last night. He is so full of hope and energy and seems like such a nice man. If he only agreed with me on my major issues, I could vote for him.
Sen. John McCain just chose the governor of Alaska, a woman named Sarah Palin, a mother of five, the most popular governor in the nation, and a major reformer in Alaska, to be his Vice Presidential running mate. Not much foreign policy experience but the only one of the four (Obama, Biden, McCain, and her) with executive experience. It will be an interesting ride for sure!!!
I am very proud that ANYONE can become president or vice president in this nation. We are blessed to be able to vote. Get out, get educated on the issues and policies, and VOTE!
It is going to be an interesting 67 days. I hope I will survive!!!!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday, TODAY, Sarah! You are such a beautiful girl!! So, Becky, I hear you on the whole presidential election thing. I've been glued to the T.V. and the internet lately. I wasn't really excited initially when McCain picked Palin, because I couldn't understand it at first, but now I'm totally happy about it. It's awesome that, with some luck, we could have a woman as V.P. who I can identify with, at least on the major issues. Go McCain and Palin!!!
Oh, and I'm jealous that you went down to the Shakespearean Festival. Dave and I haven't been since our honeymoon. WE LOVE IT!!
Amen. You say it well.
Well, I can't vote, but I'm praying that other people will do the right kind of voting. We're following it probably more closely than a lot of Americans. Oh, what I wouldn't do to be able to vote.....sigh. At least I know you'll be doing it!!
Post a Comment