Richard, Becky, Sarah, Rachel, & Emma

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Our week in the Midwest...

This week we are just getting into the groove of things. Sarah and Rachel are loving school and Emma always wants to go, too. She walks around talking about going to school.
Sarah is getting ready to finish her semester at school. The testing here is super different but I think that she is catching on. Rachel and I are going on a field trip tomorrow to the pumpkin patch and she is very excited! It is going to be fun to spend a few hours with just her. School has been an awesome thing for Ms. Rachel.
The other day, we got the girls a treat at the store and what started out as a fun pumpkin donut for the fall...



silly Sarah...

sweet Rachel...
turned in to.......................
Emma's attack of the killer black icing!!!!!!!!!!

The girls loved them and I had to take this picture! It was a funny evening of super messiness! And the black didn't come all the way off, so Emma had a little bit of a grey beard the next day.

Another thing that I did this week was start cooking again!!!!! It was a fun break from cooking everyday living with Richard's parents, but I think one of my New Year's resolutions will be to become an AMAZING cook. Ok, really I want to just learn to be a good cook! So, we busted out the kitchenaid and flamed it out. What do you guys think? I LOVE it!!!


So those are a few fun things that we did this last week. This week Richard is going to start working and his one class and lab start in a week and a half. Things are going to settle a little more into a schedule and that will kind of be nice. We have been kind of flying around by the seat of our pants trying to settle in. Speaking of flying... the wind here in insane. Like blow you out of your shoes crazy. And unlike Utah, it is windy EVERYWHERE, all day long. It is so strange to not have the protection of the mountains around us. So weather just sits over us. When it rains, it pours ALL DAY LONG!
We are really excited for Halloween and just doing something that we always did in Utah and feel more normal again. It still feels a little out of whack. But we are getting there!
Have a super week! And post and let me know what you guys are up to! Post, email me or call me anytime! Love you all!

5 comments:

Angela Whiting said...

I love the flames! Nothing makes cooking more fun then cool stuff. Okay, that didn't sound nearly as profound as I had hoped, but you love me! I miss you!

Melissa said...

I totally get what you are going through with Emma, Raegan wants to go to school SOOOO much. Every time we take Carsen to school Raegan wants to stay, she marches in sits on the rug with all the other kids. then she is completely baffled and distraught when I have to take her with me...Good luck with everything, especially good luck to Richard as he starts his classes and stuff! Miss you guys!

Heather said...

Don't you love the mountains. I miss them when I am away for too long. For some reason it's a comfort to have them there. I love the flames and the black icing! What fun.

Melissa, Ethan, and Julianne said...

Emma is starting to look A LOT like Rachel--especially in that picture. Glad you're doing well. We made it back from Myrtle Beach--soooooo glad to be back home :)

Patty Ravert said...

Cool flames...I have been going to some cooking technique classes at William & Sonoma---fun, of course I have bought a few things...I may just have to build a house so I have a kitchen to use them!