Richard, Becky, Sarah, Rachel, & Emma

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy November!

Another week of lots of adventures for us! On Monday, Rachel took her first field trip ever (and her first bus ride) out to a pumpkin patch. The day was freezing and windy, but the kids had so much fun! They learned about the animals on the farm and how pumpkins grow. I think that Rachel had an amazing time just being a big girl!


Freezing Rachel and her pumpkin

Mom and Rachel getting ready to go!
Our Emma has been quite the little girl lately. She has been a total angel and then she has been kind of a punk. I think that is how she has been reacting to the move. And maybe it is because she is just two and asserting her independence and agency! Dang agency!
This is the first picture I took. Notice the grouchy face...
and I adore her bib!

A second later Emma decided to smile for the camera. This is typical Emma.
Another awesome thing that we did this week was get Richard's graduation present in the mail. Richard's parents, my mom and I gave Richard an AWESOME telescope for getting his graduation present. We decided to wait until we got out here to have it sent to us. We got it Friday and Richard put it together. He is was so excited and happy. Then we went out in the field behind our house and looked at a bunch of stars. I will have to get a picture of it put together, but here is one picture that I got...
This is the tube of the telescope. Notice how big it is. Yeah, cool, huh?
Ok so that was our week! We are getting into the groove of things. Richard has one part time job (the other one didn't work out), so he is still looking. Please say a little prayer for us. He also starts class on Wednesday and it is going to be a good time. Hope you enjoyed this pictoral journey of the family from this past week!

4 comments:

Amy Craig said...

The girls are sitting here with me and saying, "I love Rachel, Sarah, and Emma!". The costumes are darling. You know that I am partial to princesses :). Richard, good luck on the job hunt!!

Angela Whiting said...

Richard doesn't look very excited in that picture. I am sure that he is though. I am kind of jealous, I love the stars! Stupid city lights blocking them out all of the time.

Richard said...

Rachel, I love you so much and you are beautiful. I love to see you smiling big, sweetheart. I am very happy that you had lots of fun with mommy at the pumpkin patch. I love you.
-Daddy

Jen said...

Love the pictures. The girls look so happy and healthy. Glad that Halloween was wonderful and that Richard is enjoying his gift. He works so hard so it is great to see him celebrating.