While Grandma Patty was here, we went out and did some Christmas shopping. One of the "totally awesome" gifts she got for us was a convertable dishwasher. Needless to say, it has changed my life. I'm not spending all my time over the sink. The girls love loading it and unloading it! I hope I can keep their enthusiasm for loading the dishwasher forever! Thanks so much, mom!And this week we busted out the Christmas tree, decorations, calendars, candles, etc... Each year we get a new ornament (or make one) to put on the tree to remember what we were up to that year. Last year it was an ornament from Disneyland (after the AMAZING trip). This year, we went for the John Deere tractor! We always write the year on it. The girls love the tradition. It is fun to pull out the old ones and talk about them. We started this tradition because we were married just before Christmas and some of our friends and family gave us ornaments for our wedding and we thought it would be a fun thing to remember things that we did over the years. We have a football snowmen, a star that says HOPE, an Ice Cube snowman from Victoria Canada, and some other fun ones. It's a fun thing that the girls look forward to every December.
I have to get finished with my Christmas cards and get them out asap. Hope your holidays are going great!!!

5 comments:
What a great tradition. I need to figure things out like that. We got married right before Christmas too, but we're just not smart enough to think of something cool like that.
Oh, and congrats on the dishwasher - I'm SUPER jealous.
I always said I was going to do that, but I never have. My kids each get one from a cousin every year. We have the cousins draw a name and give an ornament instead of a "gift"
Great idea for the ornaments! I love it. And congrats on the new dishwasher. It makes such a difference. We got one in our old apartment when I was pregnant with Katie and I loved it. BTW, good songs picks with the Wicked songs :)
Your blog is awesome! And the most beautiful girls ever! I love the ornament ideas (like everyone else huh). Merry Christmas!
Well, I thought that you said that it was a "Converable" like a car is a converable!!! So I was just thinking about how that would work with a dishwasher with out a top on it.
But then I turned on my brain and I read Cover table...so yeah
Post a Comment