Richard and I did the Highland Fling 5k. We did it! I can't really say we ran it, but we did jog some and then quickly walked the rest of it. We weren't the first (or last for that matter) to cross the finish line, but my goal was to just do it. I have been getting ready for this for over 7 months and I did it. It was tough and hot, but Richard held my hand the whole time and helped push me through the hard times! There were times that were really tough and times that were great. Richard was so kind and encouraging! Thanks, my love! You are amazing! You remind me so much of how the Lord is always there ready to hold our hand and help us through the easy and hard times. As we went past our house, my mother-in-law (I sure love you, Joy) had Sarah and Rachel out on the front lawn to cheer us on! It was so fun to hear everyone along the way cheering and encouraging us, too. People who had finished way before us just helping us along the way. At the end of the race were Richard's parents and family, the girls and my mom! Thanks for being there for us! That also made me think that is how it is going to be someday when we return to Heavenly Father and there will be people rooting for us, telling us what a great job we did, and that they are so proud of us. Who knew that running a 5k would be such a great gospel lesson?!?Thanks for all your words of encouragment and love!
3 comments:
Yay! Congratulations! I have never done anything like that, I think you are AMAZING! I also think it is awesome how Richard helped you! See ya this weekend!!!
You are one tough chick. Mike and I almost did a 5k a few years ago, but of course we pansied out.
Wow, I'm amazed by you. I don't think I could do that. Maybe I should make it a goal of some sort....hmmmmmm. That is SO awesome though. WOW!!
Post a Comment